Now is the time to invest in a (new) DOVRE wood stove or fireplace.
Why? For many objective, scientific and economic reasons…
- Winter is at our doorstep and energy prices (electricity, gas and oil) have risen like never before.
- A wood stove or fireplace guarantees you heat in total autonomy; you only need wood logs. In the event of a power failure, they will continue to heat you, unlike all other solutions … and even light you.
- DOVRE exports 80% of its stoves worldwide, from Norway (our No.1 market) to Australia, through Japan and South Africa. This forces us to develop and constantly adapt our stoves so that they meet the strictest environmental standards in the world in terms of CO2, NOx and fine particles emissions. Our R&D engineers, at the forefront of combustion technology, are constantly looking for ways to improve in these areas.
- All energy sources pollute -directly or indirectly- it is inevitable, but a DOVRE stove guarantees a minimum level of pollution, for the sake of our planet and future generations.
How do we do this? By ensuring, through the appropriate internal architecture of our stoves, multiple combustions (a mixture of fresh air coming from outside meets and ignites several times the combustion gases not entirely burned before being released into the atmosphere). This gives our products an excellent efficiency: high heat, extremely low wood consumption, almost complete combustion, and therefore optimal exploitation of its calorific value.
- Wood is a 100% renewable source of energy, unlike fossil fuels such as oil, coal or gas.
Moreover, the consumption cycle of wood is much more local than other energies, favoring short circuits, local economy as well as a very reduced ecological footprint linked to transport.
- Wood is the only fuel with a negative CO2 emission balance. Trees capture CO2 throughout their life, largely compensating for what they produce during the combustion of a tiny part of them, resulting from the necessary pruning and maintenance work of our forests. A perfect illustration of nature’s cycle.
- Our stoves and fireplaces, made of high quality cast iron in our foundry in Belgium, are largely recycled, by us or other metallurgists.
And if you have already had a stove for a long time, given the evolution of standards and technologies, it might be a good idea to renew it, for the sustainability of our Earth or simply for your pleasure…
If you are still not convinced or if you have any questions, contact the DOVRE dealer near you or send us an e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
ENERGY FROM WOOD: THE NATURAL CHOICE!
Do you want to limit the use of fossil energy sources (fuel oil, gas, coal) because they are polluting and expensive?
Then choose wood!
Wood burning is extremely necessary for the feasibility of an European alternative energy policy! Wood heating is economical, environmentally friendly, renewable and gives a cozy warmth. Moreover, the price of this type of heating remains very stable while contributing to the development of the local economy.
Those who heat with wood pay less for their energy. Depending on the fuel type (logs, pressed logs, wood chips or pellets), wood heating costs between 2.5 and 5.5 cents per kWh.
If used correctly, wood heating makes it possible to drastically reduce our ecological impact. After all, the CO2 that was absorbed by the tree before it was felled compensates for the CO2 emissions during combustion. In addition, a new plant is immediately planted to replace the cut down tree. In that case, we are talking about a neutral carbon balance. Wood heating is thus an integral part of a natural cycle that greatly reduces our impact on global warming.
Who has never dreamed of a cosy evening by the fireplace? The play of colours of the flames, the crackling of the logs, the pleasant fragrance is simply magical. That fantastic feeling of intense wellbeing and tranquillity can only be obtained with wood. What’s more delightful than the heat radiation that makes your cheeks blush and gives you a good mood?